- March 5, 2019
- Posted by: SmartGenie
- Category: Health Insurance
Claiming your health insurance can be done under two methods:
- Cashless policy
- Reimbursement policy
- If your insurance company has a tie up with a particular hospital, cashless policy is the way to go in order to make claims for treatment received.
- A cashless admission policy allows you to get admitted into a hospital without having to pay any deposit.
- An ID card and the insurance card will be required at the time of admission or treatment. In case your insurance card is not available in hand, a letter of guarantee can be passed on to the hospital by requesting for it from the insurance provider.
- Under this policy, you will cover your bills first, and then the insurance provider reimburses the cost. Post treatment, inform the insurance provider. Further, you will need a copy of:
- Doctor/medical report
- Medical tests undertaken
- Discharge summary (if hospitalisation was involved)
- Other treatment bills
- Claim form
- Most reimbursement policies require you to apply for claim within 30 days of the incident.
- Lastly, always remember to find out what tests, medical procedures are covered under a reimbursement policy. You may have to pay out-of-pocket for some procedures and treatments.
Visit www.smartgenie.com to compare and get the best prices from various Health insurance providers in Malaysia.
Disclaimer: All information provided in this article/blog, published on this website is strictly for general information purpose only. SmartGenie does not provide any warranty about the authenticity and accuracy of such information. SmartGenie will not be held responsible for any loss and/or damage that arises or is incurred by use of such information. Please visit the websites of respective banks/financial institutions for more details about products.