- March 5, 2019
- Posted by: SmartGenie
- Category: Travel Insurance
Travel Insurance has a wide variety of components that it covers. Thus, making a claim may vary with each type of eventuality. In all aspects. the documents required, and process to claim are common.
Prior to making a claim, it is imperative that in an event of any kind of emergency while travelling, you:
- Inform the travel insurance company
- Provide all necessary details of the incident – theft, baggage lost, medical emergency and so on
Once you are ready to claim for the incident, the following steps need to be followed:
To make any claim, certain documents are vital in order to give relevant information to the insurance company. Some are listed below:
- Personal documents – Passport, NRIC card
- Claims form
- Travel schedule/itinerary
- Flight tickets
- Boarding passes
- In case of a medical claim, along with the claims form, all medical invoices, test reports, discharge summary, doctor certificate and death claims (on event of death) will be required for submission.
- If you are hospitalised for more than 24 hours, daily allowance up to the maximum number of days specified in the policy will be provided.
- In the event of accidental death, the cost incurred to transport the remains of the deceased will be taken care off.
- If you have lost your baggage or the baggage has been damaged, a list of the lost items in the bag will be required. Also, the value of these items would be required.
- In case of damage, a picture of the damaged baggage will be needed to support the claim.
- Notify the airport authorities in such an event, or the hotel staff depending on where the event occurred. Sometimes, an additional police report will be asked for.
Curtailment: If you could not travel due to some unforeseen events like a medical emergency, a doctor’s medical certificate will be needed to claim.
Post applying for a claim, the insurance company will review all the necessary documents. They can also request for more supporting documents if needed. If the claim is deemed satisfactory, the insurance company will make a payout as per the policy rules.
Visit www.smartgenie.com to compare and get the best prices from various Travel insurance providers in Malaysia.
Disclaimer: All information provided in this article/blog, published on this website is strictly for general information purpose only. SmartGenie does not provide any warranty about the authenticity and accuracy of such information. SmartGenie will not be held responsible for any loss and/or damage that arises or is incurred by use of such information. Please visit the websites of respective banks/financial institutions for more details about products.